The Metallisation ARC701/S700(16) twin wire arc spray system is a unique blend of ability and innovation. It brings together the proven performance of our Arc700 pistol plus the very latest technological advances. The S700(16) energiser offers high spray rates for reduced spraying times over large areas but is now combined with closed loop current control. This enables the operator to set the spray current independent of wire type before starting the job, enabling easier setup and protection of the system from over-current.
The control function is now controlled by a simple PLC which ensures improved reliability as less component parts are required. It also makes fault finding simple using a standard multimeter with the I/O for the PLC. The S700(16) energizer features sealed electronics for excellent reliability in the harshest of spray environments.
The design also allows for multiple customer-specific packaging options for the wire drive and dispense. In one option, for example, the unit is neatly mounted on the energiser, leaving it free to swivel and follow the operator when spraying. Other options include floor or trolley mounting of the wire drive unit.
The drive unit is very robust, ensuring supreme reliability in the most arduous of site conditions. The lightweight, hand-held pistol incorporates proven Metallisation technology, including a unique, constant geometry (CG) head. This ensures smooth and consistent spray quality and minimal downtime when changing consumable spares. Various packaging options, including an extended site trolley, allow the energiser to be sited up to 25m from the pistol spraying area. Alternatively, the drive unit can be mounted neatly on the energiser, leaving it free to swivel and follow the operator when spraying.
ARC701/S700(16) Arc Spray - Features
- High throughputs of Zinc, Aluminium and Zinc / Aluminium 85/15 – reduces spraying time.
- 700 amps continuous operation – reduces spraying time.
- Lightweight pistol - reduces operator fatigue.
- DC motor drive sealed/lubed for life – greater reliability.
- Variable wire speed control – gives variable spray rates.
- Soft start for smooth start-ups - reduces electrical loading on components.
- Suitable for anticorrosion wires 2.3mm to 3.17mm (1/8”).
- Easy to maintain, less than 3 minutes to change contact tubes and nozzles.
- Push system for a maximum length from dispenser to pistol of 8m (5m from pusher to pistol).
- Power and air supplies packages in 5m and 10m lengths as standard.
- Low running costs as compared with gas systems.
- Steel reinforced conduits for extended service life.
- Quick release power, air and control couplings allow quick assembly / disassembly of package
ARC701/S700(16) Arc Spray - Typical Applications
- Multi-coat system for both Engineering and Anti-Corrosive Coatings including:
- Reclamation of worn components
- Restoration of diameter
- Anti-corrosion protection to replace or repair galvanising
- Anti-corrosion protection using Zinc, or Aluminium, or 85/15 Zinc Aluminium, or AlMg5.
ARC701/S700(16) Arc Spray - Industry Applications
- Structural steelwork
- Offshore/oil & gas
- Shipbuilding/marineBridges (concrete and steel)
- Vessels and enclosures
- Wind turbine towers
- Steel reinforcing bars
- Large anti-corrosion
ARC701/S700(16) Arc Spray - Pistol
The lightweight, hand-held pistol incorporates proven Metallisation technology, including a unique, constant geometry (CG) head. This ensures smooth and consistent spray quality and minimal downtime when changing consumable spares. For use spraying Anti-corrosion coatings on large surface areas in the spray shop and onsite environment.
- Simple to operate
- CG (constant geometry) head ensuring smooth feed, repeatable wire alignment and no adjustment of contact tubes required
- Lightweight pistol that reduces the operator fatigue
- Closed arc for improved spray conditions and coating quality
- ‘Spreader’ attachment on pistol gives the option to ‘widen’ the spray pattern to maximise coverage and help to provide an even coating
- Different sized contact tubes, nozzle and air cap for different wire sizes
If you would like more information on our equipment, please call us on 07 3823 1004, or email us using our contact form.