Aerospace - Metal and Ceramic Coating Solutions
Thermal sprayed coatings have been a recognised and trusted solution for engineering coatings in the aerospace industry for many years. Many applications exist in the Aerospace Industry requiring metal and ceramic coatings for hard chrome replacement, anti-fretting and wear, clearance control etc. As well as the wide range of consumables the applications also call for a wide range of equipment to be employed for the application of the coatings including HVOF, Plasma, Arc Spray and Flame Spray.
Typical Applications Include:
- Compressor casings - abradable clearance control coatings.
- Blade tips - abrasive ceramic coatings.
- Combustors and discharge nozzles - zirconia based thermal barrier coatings (TBCs).
- Turbine vanes and blades - high-temperature oxidation resistance (overlay coatings and bond coats) and thermal barrier coatings.
- Seal segments - rub-tolerant coatings.
- Seal rings - chromium carbide and cobalt based high-temperature wear resistance coatings.