Lignite Mining Tools - Saint-Gobain Coating Solutions
Industry: Lignite Mining.
Principle of the Process: Extraction of the lignite, carrying of the lignite, transfer of the lignite.
Equipment Concerned: The application with TufCote® G-A 8mm ⌀ (even 6.35mm) products concerns mainly the extraction and treatment phases of the lignite (refer to pictures): Teeth of bucket, extraction conveyor, hopper, scrapper.
- Ambient temperature ~20°C to 50°C.
- Abrasion and erosion lignite.
- Risk of medium shocks.
Problem: Tools are subject to severe abrasion resulting from the minerals.
Coating Solution: Abrasion Resistant Coatings TufCote® Grade A 8mm ⌀: tungsten carbide with a metal matrix. 5 to 6mm thickness are required.
Benefits of the TufCote®:
- Lifetime is 6 to 7 times more than lifetime with special steels.
- No capital investment is required to apply the TufCote® brazing flexible cord (only a flame torch is required).
- Possible application on site or in job shop.
- TufCote® application procedure is easy to learn,
- TufCote® can be applied on construction steel (the hard steels, or special and expensive steels are not required).
- Possibility to rebuild on a coating previously welded.
- Coarse and angular tungsten carbide grains, for better resistance to abrasion (TufCote® Grade A).
TufCote® GRADE A Product Specification:
- Self-fluxing alloy matrix: 37 to 40% in weight
- Tungsten carbides: 60 to 63% in weight
- Particle size: Grade A within 0.1 to 1.6 mm (10–150 mesh)
Packaging: TufCote® is supplied as a continuous flexible cord, on spool.
- Available in 4.75, 6.35 or 8mm ⌀.