Metal Wire Drawing - Saint-Gobain Coating Solutions
Industry: Metal Wire Drawing - Coated Part: Capstan
Problem: When the wear is too severe and affects the original size of the capstan, the performances are altered, then creating problems:
- Bad balancing, parasite noise at high frequency increases.
- Wear increases exponentially.
- Risk of production shutdown due to the only capstan.
Coating Solution: We offer three solutions that can be applied with the Master Jet gun:
- ASM Steel Spraying: This is a low-cost solution providing a medium wear resistance. ASM steel doesn't require "spray and fuse".
- ROCDUR 6740 Spraying: This solution provides an excellent wear resistance - especially when the capstan is drawing big wires. This solution requires spraying and fusing of the material.
- ROKIDE C Spraying: This solution provides an excellent wear resistance especially when the capstan is drawing small copper wires.
For more information on Metal Spray equipment or consumables, call us on 07 3823 1004 or email us using our contact form.